Hey there fellow dudsons,
My applied skills teacher handed a strange task to the class regarding their blogs. Starting from today, my parents will have to blog for me. Weird. What if they don't have time? What if they don't know English? I don't think my dad will have time, because he has to work, and when he comes home he does other stuff. My mom doesn't know English well, so.... what do I do?
So, I will not be doing this activity today, because they don't have time right now. I'll try again tomorrow.
Anyways, today was a fun day which started off with applied skills class. We presented our presentations on various different subjects. My partner was a girl called Theresa, and our topic was welfare. I never knew before how tricky it is to get welfare before I started this project. There's also a link between homelessness and welfare.... I never knew. Well, you learn something new everyday!
I also had a math test today and I got a good mark. I made some stupid mistakes, but who doesn't make mistakes? Everyone makes mistakes. It's part of being a human. If you don't make mistakes, I'm just going to suspect that you're an alien from outer space. Prepare to be hunted down by government agencies....
We got back our short stories from English after lunch and frankly, as I mentioned in some of my blogs, I don't really like my story. Even I think about it, an instant "eww" comes out of my mouth. It's that bad. It's just horrible. My in-class paragraph that I did today was even better than the story. I'm not kidding. *Serious face* Actually, I don't know why I wrote such a bad story; I usually write better than this. I bet my Synergy friends are secretly laughing at how bad it is, and just putting on a fake smile on their face and pretending it's the best thing they've ever read.
Anyways, after school Andrew F. and David went over to my house to finish up on a socials map project. ( In case you don't know, they're my classmates from socials class. ) We goofed around for most part of it, and therefore, we didn't get a tremendous amount of work done. I am proud to say that we are almost finished though, and compared to other groups, I think we're kind of ahead. We just need to think of a scale and add decorations to the poster. Oh yeah, and David has to type up the story. I told him many times and he still hasn't done it yet. That part makes me livid with steam coming out of my nose. For goodness sake's, we have to edit it too. He better hurry up, or else....
Actually scratch out the beginning where I said that it was a fun day. It was more like an all-over-the-place day. Anyways, I'm excited for Thursday, in which there's indoor track. Apparently, it's like sports day, but only for grade 8s. I love elementary school sports day, so I hope will be just as fun.
Here's a refreshing video to end off this blog: a cover of All of Me by Tiffany Alvord.
--Cyndi Forrest
No comments:
Post a Comment