Friday, 7 November 2014

T1B43

November 7th, 2014

Hi dudsons,

Today was the Remembrance Day assembly at school.  Even though the official day is next week Tuesday, the school does it before the actual day, because we don't have school on Monday or on Remembrance Day.  Basically, I have a four-day long weekend this week, which means I get to sleep in and play on the computer.  If only the school board would consider more of these mini-holidays, then I'd be the happiest girl on the Earth!
The assembly was much more sophisticated than elementary school Remembrance Day assemblies. There was a professional-looking choir and strings band, unlike the ones in elementary school, where some of the people don't even know how to sing or play the violin.  Additionally, there were cadets marching and it was really cool.  The school even invited a World War II veteran, who had a speech about his war experiences.  We never got these privileges in elementary school.  Something I found different was that we didn't stand silent for one minute, like in elementary school.  I thought it was mandatory or something like that.  Anyways, this assembly was pretty cool, and I like it better than elementary school ones.
I have to finish knitting for my scarf by next Thursday.  I used a thick needle so I think it will pretty quick.  I need to search online on how to finish it though, because I forgot how to do it.  I'm really frustrated by the fact that I started with twelve stitches, but now I have fourteen.  How is it possible? I feel sorry for the people who used thin needles, because their scarves take a long time to finish. 
For applied skills, I will have to start blogging about my dreams.  I forgot if I had one this morning, but I'll post one for tonight (if applicable) in tomorrow's blog.  I just hate the feeling of sadness and confusion when you just had a dream and you completely forgot about it a few minutes later in the morning....especially if you actually like the dream.  I find it cool though, that sometimes I wake up with a nightmare, and I find myself already crying.  I wonder how long I cried before waking up. 
After school, Amy, Sab and I filmed a video for our brain games project.  I am the TV personality, and my persona is this crazy person.  I probably even look crazy, because the sun was shining on my face, and my face started getting really hot and red. I'm not going to spoil the details, but I guess the skit was kind of funny.  One thing I know for sure: we have a lot of bloopers. 
Right now, I have a sudden craving for pizza.  Hawaiian, because I like the pineapples and their sweet taste.  I don't know why I have this sudden craving.  I think it's because of the Pizza Hut advertisement brochure lying on the table next to my laptop.  It's intimidating me..  :( 

--Cyndi Forrest     

No comments:

Post a Comment