Saturday, 1 November 2014

T1B36

November 1st, 2014

Hey dudsons,

I have a good excuse for not blogging yesterday....it was Halloween!  It was too late when I got home, and I had to shower, brush my teeth, etc...
Yesterday I went out at six o'clock and went for a few hours.  In the past years, my friends and I usually go to other neighborhoods to get candy, but this year, we decided to stay in our own neighborhood. Surprisingly, there was more candy than what I expected it to be, since my neighborhood is kind of quiet on Halloween.  I was dressed up as a witch, the typical and not-that-creative Halloween costume.  At school, I saw a lot of different costumes, and I even saw a boy in a sumo wrestler costume.  I wonder how he will get into his seat at class, since his costume is inflated. There were also a lot of boys wearing girl costumes and it was pretty funny, but at the same time, confident.  I wouldn't have the guts to wear a boy costume and it's not really noticable when girls wear guy costumes.  Anyways, I had a lot of fun this year for trick-or-treating and I hope I won't be too old for next year!
At school, I have to do this Empathy for Homeless project, which lets us live and feel the life of homeless people for a week.  We have to create care packages too, and we're going to knit scarves and donate it to them.  It was fun to make the yarn into a ball.  Anyways, each day we will sleep and eat like homeless people.  The day before yesterday was day 1, and there was no change to our life routine.  Yesterday though, I had to sleep without blankets, heat, and I had to open the windows.  I must admit that it was pretty cold, but at least I wore a lot of clothing!  I now know the feeling of people living out in the cold streets.  
For French yesterday, my teacher delayed the test once more!  More time for practice and studying for me!  The most of the period was just reviewing.  
I had to skip Block 4 yesterday because I had a dentist appointment.  Apparently, I might need braces due to my spacing of teeth.  Oh well.  I want the invisible ones, because they are not painful, and you can take them out when you eat and brush your teeth.  But...real braces have different colours, and make your mouth look colourful.

Happy Halloween guys!

--Cyndi Forrest  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment