November 4th, 2014
Hey dudsons,
Another missed blog! I apologize, but I had a massive amount of homework yesterday and there was no time to fit in a blog. I had a socials studies map due, and I finally realized how long coloring took. Or was it just perhaps that I like making it neat and presentable? Anyways, I also had to study for two tests; one Socials and one French. Last minute studying is not really effective, but thanks to my short-term memory, I just remembered yesterday during the rare moment when I look at my agenda. I need to look at my agenda more often. Also, I had a little bit of French homework and I had to research science facts for the Geological Showdown, where we find facts about a topic and "compete" against another fellow classmate. The main reason that I didn't have time yesterday was that I had piano lessons and that took quite a while. Not going to class is not a option either, because my piano teacher is quite strict if I have a sudden absence for not an important reason. Basically, yesterday was a pretty busy day for homework, which also means that it was a day of boredom. Homework is NEVER fun.
Anyways, this blog will be a blog about yesterday, so I might be using a lot of 'yesterday's. Anyways, yesterday my applied skills teacher announced that rest of the Empathy for Homeless was optional. I was so relieved, because I didn't want to spend another two days of hygiene. I never knew how much I needed hygiene and my bed until this project. Now, I know not take things for granted and this was definitely an experience I would remember for the rest of my life. This project helped me learn that living homeless is not easy and that people should be thankful for the privileges we get in life.
We started knitting also, but I didn't bring my knitting needles, so I just worked on something else. I have a little bit of trouble with casting the way my teacher taught me, so I'm just sticking to the way I know how to. The edges might be a little slanted, but I guess if you iron it out, it'll be okay.
Also, yesterday we had a short story test in English. That was a major stress-producer for me, because that test seemed big and I worried if I studied the right things. The test was actually okay and wasn't that long, but it was four pages long, which is kind of long for a test.
For performing arts, we watched a play called Hemingway, or at least something like that. The actor talked about his life experiences, but I was in the furthest row back, so I didn't catch everything. He put in some inappropriate jokes, but the rest was okay. Near the end, he handed out drinks and told the audience to put it in their mouth and hold their breaths, then wallow without breathing. Everyone started coughing, but most people didn't get a drink, due to the fact that there were only about thirty drinks to go around.
--Cyndi Forrest
No comments:
Post a Comment