Superblog!
Today was my dad's birthday! So, I skipped swimming this week and went to downtown for lunch. We ate at Market by Jean-Georges at the Shangri-la. The food was good, but not extremely spectacular. I ordered this flat-iron steak and so did my brother. My dad got this burger and my mom got eggs benedict. There was also an appetizer of this cinnamon bun thing, but I didn't eat it because I was allergic to the cashews they spread on top. I guess the best thing that we ate was either the pizza or this mushroom jalapeno side dish. Actually, I like the mushroom one better, because it comes out not spicy, but then after a while it gives a subtle spicy taste that's not too spicy. Anyways, I would give this place a 8/10 rating.
We also went to Urban Fare and I marveled at their pizzas and food, even though I was pretty full.
After that, we went to Stanley park for a walk for one hour. It was pretty sunny, and I liked the feeling of the sun warming up my face. I saw the girl in the wetsuit statue and the funny thing was that there was a fat seagull sitting on top of her head. It may not sound funny, but when you actually see it, it's pretty hilarious. When we walking back, my family and I ran into friends. Their children are both in Churchill too.
My uncle and aunt came from Edmonton and "surprised" us. They came to Vancouver, but didn't tell us that they were planning to. So, we had to go back to Coquitlam, because they were staying there with my grandparents. Another car ride.
Anyways, I went to Coquitlam Centre to go shopping. The feeling of shopping makes me happy and warm. :) We only shopped for around an hour or so, so I didn't buy that much. I bought a fuzzy sweater from H&M. My friend also bought one there too, but mine is sort of different. I also went to Claire's and bought some stuff for my ears. We needed to buy groceries, so we went to T&T supermarket. It was just a really quick grocery trip though, because we had a reservation for sushi at six.
We went to Oyama sushi restaurant at Coquitlam. The main restaurant is on Kingsway, and reportedly a funeral home before. I wonder if it's just a rumour... Fortunately, this place was not previously a funeral home. It's not an all-you-can-eat though; I'd much prefer that. However, we ordered a lot of stuff, including sashimi and special sushi rolls. I like this place, so I'm giving this place a 10/10 rating. I would recommend the red roll, if you like spicy stuff, because that stuff is hot!
Last night, I'm pretty sure I had a lot of dreams. However, I forgot most parts of it in the morning. I hate that feeling; sometimes its interesting to reflect back on your dreams, and I had no memory of it, so I cannot reflect back. Anyways, I'll try to conjure up some dreams tonight, even though I'm not sure if my brain will correspond.
--Cyndi Forrest
No comments:
Post a Comment