March 4th, 2016
Hey dudsons,
*Make up blog as it was too late when I went home*
OH. MY. GOD.
The district science fair was yesterday and I was so nervous the entire day. It was around three when I went and there were already a lot of people lining up in the hallway when we (Isanna and I) arrived. There were about 200 participants. I took part in this workshop about physics and sports and it was super fun. I got to play with motion detectors and I got to observe how this really cool wind machine worked. When it was time to judge, nobody came to our board for a long time until finally this woman came. She was very nice and seemed to really like our project. By the time that was finished it was probably around 6:30. We were supposed to go eat dinner at 6:20. So we went to the cafeteria to eat. We didn't know that while we were eating dinner, another judge came by our science fair board display and judged it. We were supposed to do an oral presentation, but she just had to stick her nose in and judge. How did we know? They said dinner started at 6:20. Ugh.
Anyways, we didn't go through to the Greater Vancouver Regionals. It was a great learning experience however and I enjoyed it. I really hope that I get through next year, as this is a great event for young science advocates to cooperate and get to know one and another.
--Cyndi Forrest
No comments:
Post a Comment