Hey dudsons,
First off, Happy New Year! 12 Months happiness, 52 weeks fun, 365 Days laughter, 8760 hrs good luck, 525600 Minutes joy, 31536000 seconds success, so wishing you a happy new year! And yeah, I stole that from the internet.
To start off this year, I went to Metrotown with my Synergy buddies, Amie and Carina. I was surprised that they were open, considering today was a holiday, and even then they were open until seven in the evening. We met up at Pet Habitat, a pet shop situated next to the Bay. It's such a sad sight to see them caged up, surrounded by their stinky pee and poop. Plus, the pet shop always smells weird, so it wasn't long before we got out. We went to many stores, but we didn't buy anything. I bought stuff from the US, so I didn't want to buy much. We all wanted matching tops so we can look funny when we come back to school, but we didn't find anything that we all liked.
We went to the Starbucks in Chapters and we all bough Grande-sized hot chocolates. Starbucks has the best hot chocolate I have ever tasted, even better than ones from expensive coffee shops. I love scooping up the whip cream and just eating it. Speaking of which, I have an intense craving for right now. When we finished adding condiments like chocolate and vanilla powder onto our hot chocolates, we walked out of Chapters, just like any other normal person would do.
Here's the scary part, and I remember it kind of clearly. We were all just walking together near the Justice clothing shop, when suddenly a creepy foul-looking man, looking crazy was staring directly at my cup of hot chocolate and walking quite fast I must say towards it. His arm was stretched out, as if he was trying to get the cup of hot chocolate. His eyes were at the cup the whole time. I walked away, and I had a feeling of deep apprehension. Amy saw too and hid behind Carina. We were so scared, but Carina was clueless and didn't see a single thing. Maybe he hypnotized her.
Here's Amy's thoughts on that topic:
"We started walking around the mall to see where we would go next. Suddenly, a random guy appeared in front of us and he looked hypnotized. He was looking at Cyndi's cup of chocolate like it was the first drink he's seen in 10 years. His arms were outstretched and it looked like he wanted to seize her drink. I saw him, but for some reason, I couldn't warn Cyndi. Cyndi noticed when he got close and she ran to the side. I was also very scared even though he was aiming for me and I stepped behind Caryna so that she was in front of me. The amusing thing was that Caryna didn't even notice him and she ended up asking us what happened. "
Anyways, went to the food court to eat and I ordered a Thai beef noodle soup. It was pretty good, considering it was fast food. Amy ordered from the same place with a wonton and BBQ pork noodle soup. Carina ordered a Subway, which looked pretty good. We went to Sephora after that, and messed around with applying nail polish on our fingers. I didn't do much though, but Carina painted all her nails!
My parents took me and my brother to Crystal Mall. Here again, where I remember fond memories there when I was little. Before we went to buy things, we stopped by at the food court to eat, yet another snack. We got chicken udon, dynamite sushi roll, chicken and mushroom rice, and pan fried rice noodles. Yummy asian food in an Asian food court in an Asian mall. LOL. I was pretty full after that, considering I had eaten the noodle from Metrotown only a few hours before. We went to buy things at the grocery stores they have at Crystal Mall, and bought some groceries. There were a lot of people hustling around, but that's because the produce was cheap and fresh.
We also went to shop for groceries at a little Indian-owned shop on our way back. Shop local! That's how you keep a growing city growing.
--Cyndi Forrest
No comments:
Post a Comment