Hey dudsons,
Oops, I almost wrote May instead of June for the date. Time sure passes fast; now we're in the final month of school. It just felt like yesterday that was the first day of school.
Let's talk about today though. So in science we had to dissect a cow eye! It looked pretty disgusting, and I don't see why people would want to dissect that.. thing *shiver* *shiver* In the beginning I did not want to touch it.. at all. But for some reason I had this urging to do it, so I helped dissect it along with some of my other group member. It wasn't that disgusting, since my focus went to actually doing work and dissecting the eye. The muscle and fat were hard to cut off. It was tough and took us a long time. Next, we cut the eye into two parts, took the lens out, as well as cutting the cornea out.
The cow eye was surely stinky. Not rotten type of stinky, but it has the scent of some weird antiseptic solution. I can still imagine the smell in my mind.
So, first dissection, and it went pretty well. Not as gross as I thought it would be, and it was actually somewhat cool.
| This is what ours somewhat looked like. |
--Cyndi Forrest
No comments:
Post a Comment