Hey dudsons,
Happy Victoria Day! Do we even celebrate this holiday? I don't know, but all I know is that I get to sleep in and have a day off school, so yay!
Here's a poem I wrote for English:
I am a peacock,
I strut around like I am the king.
I do not care what the others say.
To me, they are all like unworthy peasants,
An exemplification of contemptible cowardice.
I simply spread my tail out,
And they will gaze in admiration,
Like they are looking at the world’s most exquisite treasure.
I hypnotize them as they stare;
My tail is like fireworks, an explosion of blue and green,
It almost looks like an ocean full of…..eyes.
My tail is like an intricately-patterned fan,
The cobalt blue eyes sprinkled all over,
Never blinking as they help search for my next soulmate,
A drab and lacklustre washcloth compared to me.
I’m the most desired, the most venerated,
For I am a peacock and nothing more.
--Cyndi Forrest
No comments:
Post a Comment