Monday, 9 May 2016

T3B43

May 9th, 2016

Hey dudsons,

It felt nice to sleep in today.  I went to the mall today with a friend and I bought this shirt.  When I went home, I read the tiny label thing and saw that the shirt was 63 percent polyester.  I told my mom and she said that polyester was bad for the skin, so I went online and researched.  After researching, i was pretty scared.  Some websites stated that wearing too much polyester, nylon, acrylic, etc. may cause skin cancer among other complications!!  Some other websites stated that polyester was okay.  I researched more and apparently cotton is bad too.  There are many chemicals that come into play when planting the cotton e.g. pesticides sprayed on the cotton plants.  So cotton isn't really good either, although many people say that wearing cotton clothes are much better than any other type of fabric.  According to a website, the only "healthy" fabrics are organic cotton, bamboo, silk, cashmere, and wool.  BUT I"M NOT RICH ENOUGH TO AFFORD THESE "GOOD" FABRICS.  I guess I'm stuck with buying cheaper clothes made out of "bad and harmful" material that may or may not kill me.

--Cyndi Forrest

No comments:

Post a Comment